Assume you’re a CEO and your responsibilities include making sure that all of your employees have the right hardware and software they need to do their jobs. Buying computers for everyone isn’t enough because you also have to purchase software or software licenses to give employees the tools they require. Also if you have to hire new employee, you have to buy more software or make sure your current software license allows another user. Your IT infrastructure costs will increase and your control over business will decrease as your business demands are expanding. Also you have to double-check whether you saved your data safely, whether they are entered error-free and ensuring that the right employees have access to right data. It is stressful right? Here is where cloud computing comes possibly changing the entire computer industry.
Cloud computing is internet-based computing in which large groups of remote servers are networked to allow sharing of data-processing tasks, centralized data storage and online access to computer services or resources. Clouds can be classified as public, private or hybrid. Cloud computing, or in simpler shorthand just “the cloud”, also focuses on maximizing the effectiveness of the shared resources. Cloud resources are usually not only shared by multiple users but are also dynamically reallocated per demand.
So why are so many businesses moving to the cloud? It’s because cloud computing increases efficiency, helps improve cash flow and offers many more benefits.
- Reduce spending on technology infrastructure – Maintain easy access to your information with minimal upfront spending. Cloud is based on Pay as you go (weekly, quarterly or yearly), based on your demand. There’s no need to spend money on hardware, software or licensing fees.
- Quick deployment and ease of integration – A cloud system can be up and running in a very short period, making quick deployment a key benefit. On the same aspect, the introduction of a new user in the system happens instantaneously, eliminating waiting periods.
- Flexibility – Whenever your company needs more bandwidth than usual, a cloud based service can instantly meet the demand because of the vast capacity of the service’s remote servers. Also you can change direction without serious “people” or “financial” issues at stake.
- Security – due to centralization of data and increased security-focused resources security of your information can be improved. Also no matter what happens to your computer, your data are secured and can be accessed from any other device.
- Device and location independence– As long you and your colleagues have internet access you can work from anywhere and anytime. This convenient feature lets you move beyond time zone and geographic location issues.
- Backup and Recovery – Since all your data is stored in the cloud, backing it up and restoring the same is relatively much easier than storing the same on a physical device. Furthermore, most cloud service providers are usually competent enough to handle recovery of information. Hence, this makes the entire process of backup and recovery much simpler than other traditional methods of data storage.
- Automatic Software updates – In the cloud, software update is usually something that occurs automatically. So, you do not need to take additional efforts to customize and integrate your applications as per your preferences. This aspect usually takes care of itself.
- Better collaboration – Because of opportunities that cloud computing provides you and all other people that are included in your business can sync up and work on same or different documents or shared applications simultaneously. Also you can follow colleagues and records to receive updates in real time.
- Real time insights on business performance – Cloud computing enables you to have control over your business no matter where you are. All you need is internet access, and you can have all your finance, statistical and other kinds of reports at hand whenever you need them.
Cloud computing is now evolving like never before so, as a company that is always trying to follow and deploy new trends in computer industry we have already adopted cloud computing in order to provide the best possible user experience. Industry experts believe that this trend will only continue to grow and develop even further in the coming few years.